Public accommodation of individuals at key customer/visitor points of contact.
Compact and easy to install, this portable induction loop system readily accommodates individuals with hearing difficulties–at a bank teller window, information desk, store counter or anywhere customers/visitors need to hear what is being said. The PLA 90 picks up external voices with an integrated microphone or with an optional external microphone. The system transmits the spoken word directly and clearly to a listener’s hearing aid equipped with a T-Coil. Designed to meet ADA accessibility requirements.
(1) Counter Loop
(1) Rechargeable 10x AA NiMH battery pack
(1) TFP 044 International Power Supply
- Users bring their own device (hearing aid with T-Coil)
- No charging or maintaining of receivers by the venue
- Magnetic signal couples directly to hearing aids equipped with telecoils (T-Coils)
- Headphone output for users without a hearing aid
- Can be used with optional loop receivers
- Can be portable or permanently installed
- Built-in microphone
- Optional external microphone
- Battery or AC powered
- 3-4 ft. (1m) range
- Auto shut-off on battery power
- Meets ADA / ADAAG guidelines
Not available for purchase in all markets.
How It Works
Compact and easy to use, the Williams Sound counter loop readily accommodates individuals with hearing difficulties. The counter loop system picks up a person’s voice from the rear integrated microphone (or an external microphone can be used) and transmits the speaker’s words directly and clearly to a listener’s hearing aid equipped with a T-coil. The listener can pick up the audio when they are within four feet of the counter loop system. This technology allows private conversation while maintaining moderate voice levels.
PLA 90 architectural and engineering specifications
- The Williams Sound Counter Loop shall be housed in a plastic enclosure and can be placed on a service desk or mounted onto a wall or under a counter.
- It shall have a range of 3 – 4ft and work with T-coil equipped hearing aids.
- The Counter Loop shall have a built-in 12VDC rechargeable battery pack that will last up to 6 hours when given a full 3 hour charge. It shall be able to operate off AC power through the same battery charger.
- It shall have a built-in microphone on the back of the unit and have an additional 3.5mm phone jack for optional external electret microphone. There shall be a gain control for adjusting the external microphone input.
- There shall be indicator LED’s for power on, battery charging and input signal to the induction loop.
- The Counter Loop shall be covered by a two-year parts and labor warranty. 90 days on accessories.
- This shall be the Williams Sound model PLA 90.
|Dimensions:||H 7.9″ (200mm) x W 7.3″ (185 mm) x D 2.9″ (75 mm)|
|Weight:||1.4lb (635g) with batteries|
|Range:||3 – 4ft (1 meter)|
|Microphone Sensitivity:||60dB for full output (internal microphone)|
|Controls:||Power on and power off
Rotary microphone gain for external mic.
Three position Microphone selector switch, internal, external or internal plus external microphones
|Auto Power Off:||2 minute timeout if no audio from internal or external mic while using battery only|
|Indicators:||Red LED flashing indicates charging battery
Green LED indicates system operating
Amber LED indicates audio input is being received
|Input:||3.5mm mono jack for external microphone|
|Output:||3.5 mm stereo headphone|
|Power supply:||Universal 100 – 240VAC 50/60Hz input, 16VDC, 1A output, center positive|
|Battery:||12VDC, 1300mA/h NiMH (10 AA cell pack)|
|Battery life:||6hrs with full 4 hr recharge time|
|Loop output power:||Max 10W,internal loop coil|
|Approvals||CE, RoHS, WEEE|
|Warranty||2 years parts and labor (90 days on most accessories)|